Monday, July 16, 2012

Guilt

I was doing great. Making plans. Estimating costs and budgets. All the preparations for moving in with Erik. Even house hunting.

And suddenly, i feel guilty for doing all these. And end result: Now I am feeling low.

Is it my selfishness to seek happiness forgetting the culture i grew up with? Is it so bad to leave the house and  family (especially mom) and go live with someone else?  Does it mean if i leave my house for certain time, i love my family lessDo i have to sacrifice all my dreams, hope and happiness to make someone happy but not me? Is this a sign of bad son who is not afraid to seek his happiness hoping his family will be with him, be happy with him and be there with him: when he needs most or less.Or this expectation itself is faulty given the social and cultural structure here? 


But leaving house doesn't mean not going back to home. Every weekend, I will be home. Sharing my time with family. Rest days, yes i will be away from home. Live with someone else. 


But then again, someday i might leave this country for work, for other reasons. Go somewhere else seeking my own happiness. You might have your own justification, reasons, logic etc. But I will still be hunted everywhere I go, with same questions: Is it so bad to seek your happiness first? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

shout out!