Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Collector

Do you be in touch with people from your past? Well, I do.

We were at one of our friend's house. Poor she, had an appendix surgery. We were travelling together for more than 3 weeks to different part of my country. We all were relieved she had her appendix problem after coming back home. Sigh, big relief. Otherwise, imagine how I would have reacted.
After meeting her, while returning home, I remembered i was in neighbourhood of someone from my past. No it wasn't serious relationship but a casual one. Well to be frank, he is the first man I had in my life. I gave him call to check whether he has left the country already (he is going home forever) and turned out he is still around. But leaving soonish. He invited me over and I checked in. We just had few casual conversation, he inquiring me about my love life, happiness and all. And me doing about his last days.

Then out of the blue he questioned whether I would be interested to take some of his books. Well I love books, so i said why not. Checked some, finally decided with one. He was sure he won't be taking away left-over books so I suggested him to donate the books to some library and he handed over responsibilities to me The final outcome: I came back home with at least 14 books. Phew, now i need to look for library to handover some of them, some will keep as his memory.

And I became a collector yesterday :) Oh, below the song i am humming these days. Checkout!


No comments:

Post a Comment

shout out!