Tuesday, March 29, 2011

exam day blues

UPDATE: As predicted i screwed up the exam. The questions were pretty simple and predicted but since my preparation was nil, the exam went badly. I attempted 25 marks question out of 100 and have decided to give up next two. I celebrated the failure by watching a movie "Sucker Punch".
And another good news is: Sid got a job. The job landed to him in an unexpected way. I am so happy for him :)

 I don't have freaking idea why i am trying for civil service. Probably rosy aspect of working in foreign bureau and meeting exciting people led me to this attempt. Or my mother's wishes played major role. Whatever the motives, i thought i would be trying out.

But I didn't prepare myself. I had not thought i have to study a paper on governance and administration which i discovered today that i have to. And ironically the exam is scheduled for today. So my mind is fighting to come up with a decision on whether i should undertake the exam or not. Saint mind says: go and observe. Could be a lesson for next attempt. Devil mind says: don't try at all, anyway what's the point.

The funny part is: mind is always like this. Always weighing the outcomes and trying to decide the best. Even with the relationship: whether the person is suitable for me or not, would s/he make me happy or not, would my future be stable or not. Constantly weighing options!
So does this prove we all are cunning businessperson and nothing is pure and true. After all our decision are made after careful consideration of outcomes and are for fulfillment of our own selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

shout out!