Thursday, March 31, 2011

chewing that courage tablet

One of gay friend just came out to his parents. Its not that he came out directly to them but through his brother. He had come out to him long time back and he was looking for way out to come out to his parents and his brother was perfect outlet. The good news is his parents are fine with him and are ready to support. They also conveyed this message to him through other son. So my friend is having tough time to initiate the conversation directly coming out to them. And this caused anxiety attack and he complained about chest pain. He even went to see doc.
This made me feel when would i be able to do so same? Someday i have to do it and last week i contemplated of doing so. Mom was in happy mood, and we had perfect timing to talk about it. I played the scene over and over again and tried to tell but just couldn't muster the courage. I called her and instead talked about my cousin's marriage. If not mom, sometimes i want to tell about myself to my sisters but still some unknown fear holds me back. When would i be able to bleed away this fear and accept the courage. Just wish I could get The COURAGE TABLET and do this damn thing.

My inability to admit who i am is making me tell funny stories. Its not that i am lying about dating some girl and making out with her. But whenever questions/doubts are raised about my singlehood (Yes people don't believe that I am single) or my marriage plan, i just have to come up with some creative answers to satisfy my interrogators. My typical answers are yes, i am single (which i am still) or yeah prolly in 5 years i will get married and settle down. Though my answers are mostly vague and can be interpreted in anyway but I know I am not going to fall in love with some pretty girl who is trying out her luck with me or marrying in 5 years down now. Its just that i feel easy making my own stories and keep the guessing game alive.

being good looking and having good career prospect is worst thing you could imagine if you are single gay who is having difficulties to come out of closet once and for all. Allright i admit talks about good looking is self-declared title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

shout out!