Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blind Date

Have you ever gone on a blind date? I would have freaked out earlier. No names known, no photo exchanged, no information shared except few even that could be untrue. Who knows, your blind date could turn out to be completely opposite of what you except or could be a real stalker.

So today, I was on meeting then my phone beeped with message from one guy. I had heard only of that app that lets know people around based on location. So just out of curiosity i had installed the app and had left it on after seeing how it works and who are around. This guy messaged me and we had few talks. Then I had to run to another meeting, so i asked if he could give me his no. so that I can call later. For the first time,  i got NTC no from someone. Whenever I receive NCELL no, i feel like proxy no. So we exchanged our no. and I rushed to meeting. After 2 hours, i got his message saying he was waiting for the call. I finished my meeting and called him back. He was in British Council, preparing for his IELTS. We talked for a while and found out he is a Doc. and trying to go to abroad for further studies. Out of no where, without thinking anything, I just said lets meet. He was also fine with the idea. While travelling to the date, many funny thoughts came in my mind. It was my first ever blind date and so was his.

After 1 full pot of green tea and one more cup of again green tea and around 1.45 hours of talk: I felt my impulse wasn't wrong idea. We talked about so many things. While talking to him, I realized actually I am a simple, happy person with no big dreams. We shared our dreams, our hopes, our likes, our dislikes, our fun moments and all.

At the end, somewhere i felt bad about the meeting thinking about Mr. Mosby, dunno why though. But since we are not in relationship, I am a free bird.

Hope I will have some story to share about him next time. Also a lesson: sometimes blind date could be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

shout out!