Sunday, October 30, 2011

empty pavements

Up ahead, I see a flicker of light
my hopes rise, heart joys
I run, run and run
as fast as my legs allow
to escape from this darkness
to that light.

I come near the light
I see
It's you, with a candle
looking for something long lost
I seek light, you seek companion
perfect!

But after a while
I realize, the wind is blowing somewhere
trying to puff the light
frantically I search for the source
search for something to cover
then i realize
it's you who is blowing

You are tired of walking together
you are again looking for something
No, it's not me.
You were only mistaken
you realize.

The darkness fills again
I suffocate
scream and look around
you are gone
and so is light.
All that remaining
is a smell of burning
Is it my heart or the candle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

shout out!