Saturday, October 29, 2011

the great wallet hunt

My knees are still weak, after all that running and walkathon. And my belief in whatever happens, happen for good reason has become even more stronger. But before i narrate the story, let me spin the wheel of time and start from yesterday.

Ra.One, Shah Rukh Khan's new Bollywood movie. Sid wanted to see the movie, or say he just wanted to go to the cinema and it was only Ra.One that was hypnotizing the management. Result: Ra.one everywhere. 2 says back Sid asked me to book tickets but most of the preferred seats were already booked and so he dropped the idea. But suddenly he called me yesterday afternoon and asked to book tickets. I managed to book 3 tickets at another hall and I was asked to collect the ticket, of course. Thanks to my mom, who took my 100rs without my knowledge proved to be costly choice. 3 tickets would cost 840 but i had only 750 left in my wallet. I was already late, so frantically looked for ATM. 2 ATMs were down, another's shutter was closed down but irony it had board claiming 24 hours open. Hence no other ATM were available which would accept my card as I had left another bank's card at home which was working. So i returned back empty handed, waited for another friend. By then out tickets had been released and sold to another person. We returned back, had coffee and parted our ways.
In the evening again Sid asked to book tickets, this time i bought online as well. Went to same road to took some money from ATM again same story as yesterday's. Sad thing the ATM which was working yesterday had ceased to work today. Never mind, we went to the cinema. Movie was stupid and boring. I became restless in the middle and my wallet began to pain me. So i took out my wallet and started counting time. Movie finished, we out. On the way home, I remembered to go to ATM and discovered:
I have left my wallet at the cinema. I ran back, called another friend to come with bike. Thank goodness I got my wallet back.
The moral of the story: If i had withdrawn money before I went to the movie, I would never had to think where my wallet is and I would have remembered in only tomorrow or when I needed wallet resulting in loss of all of my cards and identities. So sometimes things happen for good reason. That's why malfunctioning ATM was good thing to happen today.

P.S. Ra.One is not worth of the hype at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

shout out!